:/ wow...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

:/ wow...

Post  Megadeth on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:39 pm

16:28 GM Arn: The server restart has made most items harder to obtain. In addition, after level 50, and level 75, you will recieve less experience. Also, several map bugs were fixed.

Congratz to all of the ppl over lvl 50 (4 ppl) who got an easier chance at leveling and easier drop rates..

hmm.. how many ppl are over lvl 50? 4.. how many are not? over 4!? Maybe you should appeal to the larger public and idk... not change the rates for over 50?!?
over 75 is understandable since no 1 is 76+

but really.. over 50 is a load of bull shit
Megadeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: :/ wow...

Post  Avaji on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Megadeth wrote:16:28 GM Arn: The server restart has made most items harder to obtain. In addition, after level 50, and level 75, you will recieve less experience. Also, several map bugs were fixed.

Congratz to all of the ppl over lvl 50 (4 ppl) who got an easier chance at leveling and easier drop rates..

hmm.. how many ppl are over lvl 50? 4.. how many are not? over 4!? Maybe you should appeal to the larger public and idk not change the rates for over 50?
over 75 is understandable since no 1 is 76+

but really.. over 50 is a load of bull shit

err..
Man..
Over 50 and over 75 you will recieve LESS experience.. And the drop rates are harder on all items, for all levels.
Avaji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazed Sin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:53 pm

I totally think exp stages are dumb. I play this server because its one of the only servers without EXP stages. I really think you should have taken a poll on what the players wanted - because so far you have seem to care alot about how the community feels and that is what makes this a successful server. I mean look: 16 registers users with 251 messages at the time I posted. Not many servers have so few of players that communicate this much. That is definately a plus and what sets this server apart. 4x EXP is already a low rate server, and I think it should always be 4x.

EXP Stages are a bad idea. For one, I won't look forward to leveling up anymore knowing the EXP is going to get smaller and then even smaller. That is dumb. It costs more supplies and what not to level up higher, and yet its gonna take even more monster to get 30k experience as compared to when you were level 20 to level 75?

Thats ridiculous. I think I speak on behalf of the majority of the community that EXP stages should be removed and the server should continue on as it has been. We had 32 players online today. That was a record. It will keep going up - depending on how you choose to run the server. I for one, which I am sure alot of other people, WILL quit if the EXP stages are not removed.

This is the last good server I have seen to play on for the past year. The rest are ran by morons who just want money and put super powered items in the item shop. Arn, you actually care about your players, and that is what makes your server so great. Please remove EXP stages.

Thank you,
//Xarios
Blazed Sin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:58 pm

People were leveling up entirely WAY too fast. Something had to be done. This is most likely how the experience stages will stay. Now, I apologize for having to implement experience stages, but this was a necessary evil, the same way I had to turn off pvp for a little while.

Now I myself play a character lower than level 50 and I believe it is still incredibly easy to level up. The game should get harder as you get more powerful, and that is exactly what experience stages do.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://sonia.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazed Sin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:00 pm

Bleh. I still despise stages. Could you just change the EXP Rate to 2.5x or 3x?
Blazed Sin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megadeth on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:16 pm

I like what xarios sin is saying, there should have been a poll for sure
Megadeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Xarios Sin wrote:Bleh. I still despise stages. Could you just change the EXP Rate to 2.5x or 3x?

I don't believe a decimal value like 2.5 is possible Sad, and 3x would be too slow for the lower levels. I dislike stages too, which is why I limited it to three stages.

1-50 = 4x
50-75 = 3x
75+ = 2x

If anything, this system would allow lower level people to catch up to the progress made by the higher level players.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:20 pm

IF i sound a bit harsh im sorry. Okay first of all experience stages is just plain stupid. I can understand if the server was like 100x exp or something like that and there were better things to hunt on but, right now it just seems like the only way you'll be good is if you can play ALL day. I personally dont join any server that has stages unless it has other things to make up for it. Second the drop rate decrease is pretty dumb also. I was just at minos trying to make a loot bag when i realized that i had to kill about 5-8 minos before i could find even 1 chain armor when before it was like 2-3 and half the time the minos drop nothing. I have work and college so i dont have hours on end to try and find better items.The drop rate was just fine the way it was and if you decide to keep the stages at least increase the servers overall exp.

Mango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Mango wrote:IF i sound a bit harsh im sorry. Okay first of all experience stages is just plain stupid. I can understand if the server was like 100x exp or something like that and there were better things to hunt on but, right now it just seems like the only way you'll be good is if you can play ALL day. I personally dont join any server that has stages unless it has other things to make up for it. Second the drop rate decrease is pretty dumb also. I was just at minos trying to make a loot bag when i realized that i had to kill about 5-8 minos before i could find even 1 chain armor when before it was like 2-3 and half the time the minos drop nothing. I have work and college so i dont have hours on end to try and find better items.The drop rate was just fine the way it was and if you decide to keep the stages at least increase the servers overall exp.

I believe you misunderstand. The only drop chances that were effected were good items. All trish items (the main source of gold), were unchanged. Things like knight armors and dragon lances were effected. Players were looting way too many of these items, and thus the drop chances were lowered.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:23 pm

So it was just the better level items? Well thats fine I guess.

Mango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megadeth on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:27 pm

alright.. what was the exp rates before you changed them though?
Megadeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Megadeth wrote:alright.. what was the exp rates before you changed them though?

It was 4x for everybody. The problem with that is that we had people power gaming and leveling up more quickly than I can develop content. This would result in:

A. An excess of loot.
B. High-Level players, who are important to the economy, quitting because there's nothing to do.

I can't have that in this server. In addition, I feel like the game should get more difficult as you become more powerful, and with reduced xp rates, you should still progress through the level quickly, just not AS quickly.

I assure you, if I could have made a poll and talked this over earlier I would have. I had no idea people would level so quickly. Again, I apologize for this sudden change, but it is necessary.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Megadeth on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:34 pm

that means everyone who is already over 50 had the 4x exp rate and the rest of us will be left with 3x.....

in the end.. u cant change something that has an affect like that (xp rate 50-75)
makes an unfair advantage..

if you want to change the xp rates at all you should ONLY change the ones for levels over 75
or.. not change them at all
Megadeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazed Sin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Arn, I understand why you did what you did, but I think we could find a better solution for it. If we MUST have experience stages, I think it should go: 0-75 4x, 75+ 3x. I believe that would be more fair the entire community as a whole.

Also, one main reason I do not like EXP stages is because in a server like this, which somewhat has the old tibia style where sorcerers hit really high with SDs and what not, if there were like 4 level 30-40 sorcerers who wanted to take down a level 90 player (for example), they could easily do it, and if the 30-40 sorcerers died, they would be able to regain the exp back much quicker because they have 4x exp and the level 90 has 2x exp. That is the MAIN reason I hate stages, and I really hope you think about my opinion on this issue.

Point is, its easy as hell to get to level 40 with a sorcerer or any class, but once your above 75 players are going to lose so much work, time, and effort that they will probably end up quitting. Solutions for this could either be: EXP rate 4x 75-, EXP rate 3x 75+ as I stated before, or making the death penalty less than it is now.

Thank you,
//Xarios
Blazed Sin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megadeth on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Arn, I understand why you did what you did, but I think we could find a better solution for it. If we MUST have experience stages, I think it should go: 0-75 4x, 75+ 3x. I believe that would be more fair the entire community as a whole.

I like that idea.
Megadeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megadeth on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:43 pm

You have to do xp rates 0-75 at 4x

it is unfair if you dont, every1 on forums is agreeing with the new rates being stupid

I am sorry if you don't have any thing with the update that supports ppl over lvl 75 but thats not our problem, it will take prob a few days before we get 75 anyways.. that will give you time to make some stuff

You have to do this :/
Megadeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:06 am

Admin wrote:
Megadeth wrote:alright.. what was the exp rates before you changed them though?

It was 4x for everybody. The problem with that is that we had people power gaming and leveling up more quickly than I can develop content. This would result in:

A. An excess of loot.
B. High-Level players, who are important to the economy, quitting because there's nothing to do.

I can't have that in this server. In addition, I feel like the game should get more difficult as you become more powerful, and with reduced xp rates, you should still progress through the level quickly, just not AS quickly.

I assure you, if I could have made a poll and talked this over earlier I would have. I had no idea people would level so quickly. Again, I apologize for this sudden change, but it is necessary.

I disagree with stages completely, but because of this reason right here is why i think it should stay, if stages were implemented before i don't think the high levels would be as high as they are, we got a lucky break, but we are way to high, and the map is way to small.
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum