Coming up soon...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coming up soon...

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:31 pm

I just wanted to write a short little article to kind of tease every1 who is playing and to let you know where this server is headed.

We started this last patch by adding monster items (demon dust, dragon scales, etc). Soon, we'll be adding many more of these items to other monsters. This is the first part.

Next, we'll be adding an npc that turns any weapon or armor (no bows/xbows) into iron ores. These iron ors will then be combined with certain other items to forge the end-game weapons. This is the 2nd part.

Lastly, the world will be ravaged by three god-powered titans. These titans will be incredibly powerful and will require level 150+ players to defeat them. They will have a chance of dropping the items necessary to re-forge your end-game weapons to make them into the titan weapons.

Also, some options will be made available for paladins and mages for their gear too. None of the details for these plans have been worked out so far, but I thought it'd be nice to let you all know where the server is going. I hope its exciting Smile
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://sonia.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Wow

Post  Oney on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:41 pm

I think I shit a brick. Thats awesome!
Oney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up soon...

Post  Darger on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Admin wrote:

Next, we'll be adding an npc that turns any weapon or armor (no bows/xbows) into iron ores. These iron ors will then be combined with certain other items to forge the end-game weapons. This is the 2nd part.

Any? I assume you mean any high level tier weapon/armor. Regardless this sounds interesting I was probably going to stop playing after the UH change but this might make me stay to see how it develops.
Darger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Darger wrote:
Admin wrote:

Any? I assume you mean any high level tier weapon/armor. Regardless this sounds interesting I was probably going to stop playing after the UH change but this might make me stay to see how it develops.

To be specific and to give you an idea, it might work like this:

Turn in a dragon hammer for 2 iron ore.
Turn in a runic sword for 10 iron ore.
Turn in a massacre sword for 25 iron ore.

Turn in 100 iron ore, 600 red dragon scales, 200 demon dust, and 300 behemoth teeth to upgrade to your end-game weapon.

Its just an example. Those values may or may not be used.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 am

That would be something nice to use our equipment for which we can't sell.

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blokkah on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:43 am

That sounds realy cool:D
althought 150 will take some time xD
Blokkah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:04 am

Yeah it will take a while, but that's nice. You are also one of the few active knights, so when you a level 150+ you got something nice to block with people healing you and quite some shooters.

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:35 am

o0oo0o0o0o Sounds cool Very Happy

but druids need to be fixed for me to think about staying that long. I mean, am the only actual druid that plays because druids literally suck compared to sorcerers, evidence is in the statics, as the 2nd highest druid is 65 and hasn't logged on in a century. My point is, if titans are that hard, how are you guys going to do it without a druids sio? :p
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:49 am

Amusement wrote:o0oo0o0o0o Sounds cool Very Happy

but druids need to be fixed for me to think about staying that long. I mean, am the only actual druid that plays because druids literally suck compared to sorcerers, evidence is in the statics, as the 2nd highest druid is 65 and hasn't logged on in a century. My point is, if titans are that hard, how are you guys going to do it without a druids sio? :p

Having others using uh runes on the blocker Wink

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:47 am

I have 2 new spells coming in a minor patch soon. They will blow your mind.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:59 am

Nuxohiz wrote:

Having others using uh runes on the blocker Wink

Have fun with the fact that everyone must make there own Druids to make runes then actually level it to get soul points :DDD

Not to mention runes give exhaust, so there will be people like sorcerers (They would heal the most) not firing as they have to keep up with the UH'ing.

Great analysis tho.
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:02 am

Admin wrote:

I don't think anything can compare to sorcerers getting 50% +hp, with 1 spell, but hey, surprise me...

Edit button broke Very Happy
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:46 am

Have fun with the fact that everyone must make there own Druids to make runes then actually level it to get soul points :DDD

Not to mention runes give exhaust, so there will be people like sorcerers (They would heal the most) not firing as they have to keep up with the UH'ing.

Great analysis tho.

I still have enough UHsx3 I can sell, so I wouldn't mind it xD
Getting a druid to level 35 for uhx3 also isn't a big deal. Five minutes at minotaurs gives you 200 soul points again and chance on soft boots and crystal necklace. Soul points are also regenerated when you're sleeping.

When you are with it team of four it doesn't really matter if one of the shooters is healing in stead of shooting. If a paladin would be healing he can still deal damage with the bolts, only the damage of exori con would be lost. The difference between the healing of a high level paladin and a druid isn't that huge I believe. Good chance that the level 100 pallies heal as much with an uh as I do with sio.

That we don't need Druids was more to tease you since after 1.3.0 the two mages only got more unbalanced instead of better balanced (for their 9% damage difference). That heal over time is a joke now with 200-300 healing.
I don't remember why I wrote the first two paragraphs Razz

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Amusement wrote:
Admin wrote:

I don't think anything can compare to sorcerers getting 50% +hp, with 1 spell, but hey, surprise me...

1. Paralyze rune.

2. A druid spell to teleport you to The Sanctuary for X seconds then teleport you back. Thats the theory anyway, lets see if I can make it work.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 pm

Admin wrote:
Amusement wrote:
Admin wrote:

1. Paralyze rune.

2. A druid spell to teleport you to The Sanctuary for X seconds then teleport you back. Thats the theory anyway, lets see if I can make it work.

Paralyze rune okey.

The teleport spell, i see no use for though. I hate bashing your work because i know the time you put into making it, but think about it? when will i ever use it, if it just brings me back to the location i teleported from?
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Agh, paralyze rune!
Makes me want to switch vocation again. Parlyze runes are epic!

Seems like the only solution for me is to make a sorcerer and druid and let them level equally :p

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Nuxohiz wrote:Agh, paralyze rune!

Seems like the only solution for me is to make a sorcerer and druid and let them level equally :p

I still think +50% HP > Paralyze rune.
I want a vocation change Smile
I mean you realize how much easier it would be to hunt?
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Amusement wrote:

At this point I'm going to assume that nothing will satisfy you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Admin wrote:
Amusement wrote:

At this point I'm going to assume that nothing will satisfy you.

Not when you overpower another vocation in both Pvp and monster aspects i mean, +50% o.O
Paralyze is a PvP advantage only.

Also if you think about it logically, Druids are the healers, the hp givers why are sorcerers plonked with spells that are not only great damage but also give them hp, while the Druids get a rune that is always given to them, a few low level damage spells and a Teleport spell that i still see no advantage in except bailing like a bitch and then getting popped back in X seconds probably with your enemy boxed round you.

I just don't see any advantage being given to druids, and you have yet to show me one :/
Like i said, I hate bashing the work you do, because i know you put time into it and you try, but am like the only bloody druid, and the only druid for a reason, because i wasn't lucky enough to start when sorcerers got all these nice colorful blow shit up spells and randomly +hp spells. I mean where do druids stand in all this, i mean you might aswell take them out and just change my vocation Smile
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:09 am

Amusement wrote:
Not when you overpower another vocation in both Pvp and monster aspects i mean, +50% o.O
Paralyze is a PvP advantage only.

Also if you think about it logically, Druids are the healers, the hp givers why are sorcerers plonked with spells that are not only great damage but also give them hp, while the Druids get a rune that is always given to them, a few low level damage spells and a Teleport spell that i still see no advantage in except bailing like a bitch and then getting popped back in X seconds probably with your enemy boxed round you.

I just don't see any advantage being given to druids, and you have yet to show me one :/
Like i said, I hate bashing the work you do, because i know you put time into it and you try, but am like the only bloody druid, and the only druid for a reason, because i wasn't lucky enough to start when sorcerers got all these nice colorful blow shit up spells and randomly +hp spells. I mean where do druids stand in all this, i mean you might aswell take them out and just change my vocation Smile

You assume that paralyze works only on players. I never understood why, if you make a powerful rune, it shouldn't work on a creature. So, in the future you can expect to be paralyzing demons and other fun creatures. No, it won't make the fight a piece of cake because paralyze will only last 5-10 seconds and the mana cost will be a bit high, but in the end you could be hunting them very easily

There are some more changes coming down the pipes, and to be honest, If I were a druid, I'd be incredibly happy.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orshabalbro on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:15 am

woow rly cool things coming Smile
i wish i was knight i love this idea hope it works
would be nice if u could do this to do like a Arbalest like 100 ores to forget it or something Twisted Evil but no crossbow/bows Sad
Orshabalbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blokkah on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:17 am

ORSH go hunt undeads and get me the best 1 h axe... xd
Blokkah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orshabalbro on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:27 am

Blokkah wrote:ORSH go hunt undeads and get me the best 1 h axe... xd
dude its fucking hard to loot..
so far i have goten 3 1/2 levels there and loot of all together has been less then 50k.
used all my money on them already.
and died ounce with them :s
and having blessings or not having blessings its same.
i lost almost same % on skills and lvl.
and its fucking expensive the blessings >.<
Orshabalbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:07 am

Blokkah wrote:ORSH go hunt undeads and get me the best 1 h axe... xd

He ain't joking either, lmao
We went yesterday and this will take him to red if it catches him and when he is running it takes him to yellow/deep. Pretty tuff stuff, they are also pretty decent hunted together, we was both getting 6500, it just doesn't cover it fast enough with it having a lot of HP, slow death.

Probably with a Knight it wouldn't be to bad, but then lower EXP, so fighting it would be more of a getting the item sorta thing.
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blokkah on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:30 am

HOkay:(
then i need to loot the box from somewhere xD
and change it for zeh axe
Blokkah

View user profile

Back to top Go down