Loot Rate (is it right?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How often do you think items should be dropped in relation to the current loot rate?

10% 10% 
[ 1 ]
10% 10% 
[ 1 ]
60% 60% 
[ 6 ]
20% 20% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Loot Rate (is it right?)

Post  Will Hunting on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:02 am

I believe that the current loot rate on the server is far too high. And item drops should be less common. I think when an item is rare, it should be RARE
Will Hunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loot Rate (is it right?)

Post  Amusement on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 am

Kept or lowered further than it is, i don't know who you are but if you actually play you would realize that most items are quite easy to obtain the only set that has actually been difficult to obtain is mage items for the fact that people don't hunt them, or in the case of the lich, we can't hunt them.

I mean look how much gold pieces are looted daily.
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:16 am

Depends on which item and which monster, but most monsters drops too much loot yes.

The crystal necklace is the only item which is too rare since soft boots are not that hard to obtain when running between orc shamans and minotaur mages. With just six minotaur mages on the entire server crystal necklaces are too hard to get (solution could be to let orc shamans drop it as well). People only kill minotaur mages now just before they go to harder monsters such as dragons.

Right now you can buy an entire magma set as mage after hunting for like one or two hours.
Money has no value in this server. Only thing people spend money on are manarunes and knights without a druid on Uhs.

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:44 pm

I actually didn't add this to the patch notes, but all monsters now have an average drop rate. For every ~300 monsters you kill, you might receive a good item.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://sonia.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:35 pm

Nuxohiz wrote:
Right now you can buy an entire magma set as mage after hunting for like one or two hours.
Money has no value in this server. Only thing people spend money on are manarunes and knights without a druid on Uhs.

I agree with this part make money have some value add some truly expensive items to buy. Or just a gold sink like decorations inno ... Maybe you can buy trainers in your house for half a mill?
Darger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:49 am

Half a mil for trainers? Should be more something like half a mil per trainer or a million per trainer :p
Remember that a trainer would be for ever and that you wouldn't lose it.
But it may be a good idea, maybe also the ability to buy tps and such, but I'm afraid it will come too close to a donation house then.
Maybe a floor of trainers where you can't be pushed and that for which you have to pay to enter.

If we think a bit I bet we can make a new suggestion that can take money out of 'rotation.' Since it only adds up now.

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 am

Nuxohiz wrote:Half a mil for trainers? Should be more something like half a mil per trainer or a million per trainer :p
Remember that a trainer would be for ever and that you wouldn't lose it.
But it may be a good idea, maybe also the ability to buy tps and such, but I'm afraid it will come too close to a donation house then.
Maybe a floor of trainers where you can't be pushed and that for which you have to pay to enter.

If we think a bit I bet we can make a new suggestion that can take money out of 'rotation.' Since it only adds up now.

Half a mill is a lot! + If you wanted to buy that from donations its $25, $10 more then a full custom house!
Darger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:53 pm

You also pay 50 cent for 10k while you can get that in a couple of minutes hunting.
I've never heard of anyone on any ot server who bought in game cash for real money (and if people do then they are really too rich).
If you would buy trainers for half a mil then the money will heap up again after that.

To let money be valuable it should be the case that you can always use money since you don't have everything you want yet. Now you can say that you want to buy items from undead dragons (surprise me that the best items in game are all dropped by a single monster btw), but if people loot it they will keep it them self if they can use it or sell it to a good friend before they start selling it to strangers. So even with a million you couldn't buy such an item then and by the time it will be sold to strangers there will be less people who want it so it won't be that expensive. Take that elven armor that went for 180k for example, every level 40+ mage (and otherwise every level 50+ mage).

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Nuxohiz wrote:You also pay 50 cent for 10k while you can get that in a couple of minutes hunting.
I've never heard of anyone on any ot server who bought in game cash for real money (and if people do then they are really too rich).
If you would buy trainers for half a mil then the money will heap up again after that.

Stopped reading after this cause you tried to speak for everyone. Regardless if people buy it or not its there so its the only legit thing i can go by, that being said it was only a suggested price really it can be anything. Just as long as its a gold sink.
Darger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:00 am

Some found a good gold sink in the blessings. Amusement told me that he and Orshabalbro are already broken Razz
The fifth blessing only is 60k for a level 100.

Blessing prices:
1st: 2k + 100 gp per level
2nd: 4k + 200 gp per level
3rd : 6k + 300 gp per level
4th: 8k + 400 gp per level
5th: 10k + 500 gp per level

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:29 am

Nuxohiz wrote:Some found a good gold sink in the blessings. Amusement told me that he and Orshabalbro are already broken Razz
The fifth blessing only is 60k for a level 100.

Blessing prices:
1st: 2k + 100 gp per level
2nd: 4k + 200 gp per level
3rd : 6k + 300 gp per level
4th: 8k + 400 gp per level
5th: 10k + 500 gp per level

Ahhh you know what i remember saying that myself when i saw the costs of blessing. I guess Arn was a step ahead and i was mistaken.
Darger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:36 am

He robbed us >.>
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blokkah on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:10 pm

Arn zeh Robber. xD