Post  Nuxohiz on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Right now tutors can see multiple things:

• Your ip
  • How much money you are wearing
  • Where you are
  • Your account name
  • and a lot of thing I don't care about

Those first three powers should be taken away in my eyes for multiple reasons:

• You can't make a pk char now since people can check your ip and then they know your main.
  • If you get hunted you can't start over again on an other char since they can track you.
  • If they see you are wearing a lot of money they might kill you or tell it someone else.
  • Your location can be used to make hunting you easier.
  • People doesn't has to know your ip adress (I don't like angry hackers)

With other words: it gives use advantages to those who are tutor or have a friend as tutor, but it doesn't help tutors with doing their 'job'. Don't know what they are expected to do since nobody answered my question what their 'job' is, but even for banning people (which is something for a GM) it's not needed to know the ip of everyone and otherwise you can introduce an ipban command.

For the people that wil say "yeah, now you can't hide your runebotting mages any more."
I don't care about that people can see with which chars I make runes. They may introduce a command with which you can see who is mcing and give everyone the powers to use that mc check command.

Not logging in any more till the command is removed or till Arn says that the commands will stay like that. In the latter case I guess I won't be able to make a pk char or continue playing if I get hunted.

Last edited by Nuxohiz on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed an incorrect word.)

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing some powers of tutors

Post  13uck on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:46 pm

I'll edit my post because I was in a hurry before. If what Nuxohiz is saying is true than I too won't be playing anymore until it is fixed. Many of us have good, high leveled characters on real tibia and don't want to risk being hacked or having anything taken away from us. Because of this I believe that tutors shouldn't be able to see our Ip addresses. Also, most of the tutors are just regular players who are trying to level, have power, gain items, etc. With this being the case it isn't smart for them to have benefits over regular players, such as seeing locations, the amounts of money we have, and other things. I think that all these things and benefits should be taken away. They should only be able to broadcast and report more things.

All in all, the benefits that were given to them are stuuuupid IMO!
13uck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Here's the information they get by just using the command /information

First hidden bar under account info shows your account name and the one after ip your ip adress of course.
No idea where the GUID is standing for (think it's a strange abbreviation for character ID, but not sure), so I've hidden that as well. ID under account info is which account you have and can be used to identify my characters on that account (if they see someone with the same account ID). If you made the 10th account of the server your ID will be 10 there I guess.

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Lmao, that info command is a bit much, even i agree we shouldn't be able to see that Info.
I truthfully don't care about the information listed and i don't think any tutor needs to know it, this may also be abused by fellow Tutors, i would say it needs to be taken out.

IP isn't really a massive thing (not to mention all i need to do is look at your character and it shows me it), but it's true that people may abuse it.

We can't see where you are. If you're talking about position then you're being stupid, you really think its any different from Exiva? Infact i think exiva would be easier.

13uck wrote:I'll edit my post because I was in a hurry before. If what Nuxohiz is saying is true than I too won't be playing anymore until it is fixed. Many of us have good, high leveled characters on real tibia and don't want to risk being hacked or having anything taken away from us. Because of this I believe that tutors shouldn't be able to see our Ip addresses. Also, most of the tutors are just regular players who are trying to level, have power, gain items, etc. With this being the case it isn't smart for them to have benefits over regular players, such as seeing locations, the amounts of money we have, and other things. I think that all these things and benefits should be taken away. They should only be able to broadcast and report more things.

All in all, the benefits that were given to them are stuuuupid IMO!

You can't be hacked if someone knows your IP, IP does pretty much nothing, the worst thing that can be done is DDOS attacks. I would also recommend you not use your real tibia account name and password on OT servers.
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orshabalbro on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:02 pm

I agree as amusement said
we don't need this and neither the other tutors.
like, what for would we use this info to help others?
i haven't even bother to check anybody's info.
we should just have the /b command which is to broadcast in red words
and when we write in Help Channel to come out in orange knowing who is the tutor to help,
its the only things i use and i think its the only things we need.
Orshabalbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:18 pm

We can do a lot more, am just not sure if all the Tutors know how to use it or not. Am also not sharing how it is done, ill let Arn tell you.

We can Ban/IP Ban/Kick and Name lock. Personally i don't think we should be given the Right to Ban or IP ban, or kick for that matter.

Name-locking is another matter though for obvious reasons, offensive names, people trying to advertise another server with there name etc.
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orshabalbro on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:49 pm

We can Ban/IP Ban/Kick and Name lock. Personally i don't think we should be given the Right to Ban or IP ban, or kick for that matter.

~woow didn't know we could use this commands...i haven't really put time of what i can do
i just broadcast and use the help channel.
this should be commands for Gm's
we don't rly need this commands we can get the Name of player and tell Arn to give it a look of what he is doing as a warning.
and Arn or Gm will do the rest.

Name-locking is another matter though for obvious reasons, offensive names, people trying to advertise another server with there name etc.[/quote]

~Agree with name-lock command
Orshabalbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Orshabalbro wrote:We can Ban/IP Ban/Kick and Name lock. Personally i don't think we should be given the Right to Ban or IP ban, or kick for that matter.

~woow didn't know we could use this commands...i haven't really put time of what i can do
i just broadcast and use the help channel.
this should be commands for Gm's
we don't rly need this commands we can get the Name of player and tell Arn to give it a look of what he is doing as a warning.
and Arn or Gm will do the rest.

Name-locking is another matter though for obvious reasons, offensive names, people trying to advertise another server with there name etc.

~Agree with name-lock command

Might want to fix your Quotes xD

There' not commands either, there is a specific way to use them, which isn't command related, its also server coded i believe am not to sure if you can change it in Config. ( Might have given it away but ye ) - Am Totally assuming we will not be allowed to use it, and if we do we get our tutors taken away, which i would say is a valid punishment for any tutor who does IP ban someone.

If Arn isn't aware of this, message me in-game and i will say how it's done.

Last edited by Amusement on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orshabalbro on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 pm

ye, lets w8 for Arn see what he has to say about this then we talk xd
Orshabalbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:48 am

Amusement, when you know the coordinates of all hunting places you can find the player very easily. You know exactly at which hunting place he is and at which floor he is then. Once you are there you can switch to exiva to find out where at the hunting spot he is in case it's something bigger like GS.

When being in town there will be more than four hunting spots for which exiva would say: Player X is far to the north/east/south/west.

The main issue for me is that once you are hunted making an other char would be useless since they just have to use /info on new chars to see which account is yours.
Same can be done with pk chars or chars that push people at trainers.

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:05 am

Nuxohiz wrote:Amusement, when you know the coordinates of all hunting places you can find the player very easily. You know exactly at which hunting place he is and at which floor he is then. Once you are there you can switch to exiva to find out where at the hunting spot he is in case it's something bigger like GS.

When being in town there will be more than four hunting spots for which exiva would say: Player X is far to the north/east/south/west.

The main issue for me is that once you are hunted making an other char would be useless since they just have to use /info on new chars to see which account is yours.
Same can be done with pk chars or chars that push people at trainers.

Ye, because people are really going to write or memorize x:y positions of hunting spots. You also got to remember it's a small map, if i use exiva from town, i can pretty much tell where you are straight away. If i can't then you're in a TP, just check each TP.

Whatever else you wrote is irrelevant to the subject i discussed as i didn't say taking out /info was a bad idea.
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Bumping it, as we can still use the command, i still think we shouldn't be able to.
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darger on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Wow why do tutors have ANY power? Shouldn't they only be there to help like any other player but with recognition?
Darger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

I expect tutors to use their powers responsibly, however I'll take a look at removing some of those commands.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://sonia.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top