Now Recruiting Tutors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Now Recruiting Tutors

Post  Admin on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm looking for the following people to join me in Tutoring the server. I'm inviting these people to the Sonia team because they have contributed so much, and deserve this position. Furthermore they have demonstrated to me that they are ready for this kind of position.

Also, keep in mind that your welcome to decline this request, I won't take offense.

* Avaji (for his work on the wiki, and the chat)
* Supanigga (rl friend, and has helped a number of people learn about the server)
* Amusement ( if you want to come out of retirement?)
* Orshabalbro (for his contributions of thoughts and support)
* Hazel ( for her phenomenal observations of server balance)

More tutors may be added if the players demonstrate that they are ready for the responsibility. Please use this thread to officially accept or decline the invitation.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://sonia.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Recruiting Tutors

Post  Amusement on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Interesting.

I personally had no interest in coming back, as i logged on a few days ago and was quite disappointed in what a saw, i mean the trainers were horribly changed.

On the other hand i don't mind joining to help, it's 2:50 AM right now, so am not going to do this now, but ill log in tomorrow, basically if it see positive changes ill start to play again, as i never retired for no reason, my reasons were explained to Death.
So ill give my answer tomorrow.

Also, does Death still play? him playing gives bonus points Very Happy
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orshabalbro on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 pm

woow, i wast just checking forum and went in this thread and just found out i got choose to be a tutor
this is a nice and interesting offer
and i accept Razz i rly love this server alot and i think i can do it as a Tutor
i know pretty much everything u need to know about the server
and i think i can help everybody on the server who is just starting or is lost

il do my best Smile
Orshabalbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazel on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:52 pm

I would thoroughly enjoy tutoring on this server and hope to watch it improve. I will always provide my constructive ideas and really appreciate the work you are willing to put in. As for helping new players, that I have always done. I'm sorry but I can't purchase ALL of you a promo xD. Thank you again for the position.

Hazel
Hazel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aether on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks, I accept too buddy. Smile You know I love this server lol

P.S. Pls come back Amusement Sad
Aether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Amusement wrote:Interesting.

I personally had no interest in coming back, as i logged on a few days ago and was quite disappointed in what a saw, i mean the trainers were horribly changed.

On the other hand i don't mind joining to help, it's 2:50 AM right now, so am not going to do this now, but ill log in tomorrow, basically if it see positive changes ill start to play again, as i never retired for no reason, my reasons were explained to Death.
So ill give my answer tomorrow.

Also, does Death still play? him playing gives bonus points Very Happy

The changes to trainers were one step away from a bot consumed OT. Were trying to get away from having every1 bot. Also, removing the walls allowed for more trainers per floor, and I think it brings people together more Razz

I have no idea why you retired, Death never talked to me about it. Let me know what you'd like changed. I'm sure a lot of the 1.3.0 changes we have coming up will make you want to play your druid again.

Also, glad to have you aboard with us Hazel, Orsha, and Nigga. Hope you see you guys helping new players in game!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adrian on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:47 pm

Out of all the servers I've played, I've fallen in love with this one. This server has great things to come and personally, I can't wait Very Happy

I'd be more than happy to have a tutor position to further help players in need, but I know you're limiting the positions and I won't be (too) disappointed if you decline my request. Razz

But I'll be here if you need the position filled. Smile
Adrian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orshabalbro on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 pm

don't give up Adrian ;D
Orshabalbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuxohiz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:49 am

What is the tutor position exactly and what can we expect from the new tutors?
Just curious as always Smile

Congratulations all of you.

Nuxohiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amusement on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:39 am

Adrian wrote:Out of all the servers I've played, I've fallen in love with this one. This server has great things to come and personally, I can't wait Very Happy

I'd be more than happy to have a tutor position to further help players in need, but I know you're limiting the positions and I won't be (too) disappointed if you decline my request. Razz

But I'll be here if you need the position filled. Smile

I actually fail to see how the new system stops botting, it your saying it allows people to push people out, well that's easy to stop if you're a knight, turn on food making and by the time someone goes to push you there will be 234234 food laying under you.

The server is one of the best, if not the best OT i have played in the longest time, when i first started it amazed me, when i entered and saw the custom items for mages etc

Eventually i grew tired of having to sit on my ass for hours on end making runes, and then having to hunt creatures that wouldn't kill me so fast, while watching Knights power game, because they have no need to mana sit for runes. There also able to gain the best items with little waste and probably fewer deaths than a mage, like hazel said in her suggestions, Knights basically don't need the help of a mage except for the rune making, wheres a mage probably will need the help of a Knight to hunt Dragon Lords, not to mention they were overpowered in PvP in the first place. I'm not going to go into full detail on that because this is already long enough.

Ill accept the tutor, and start playing again. I shall wait for the new update to be released to see if it changes the way a mage can play, if am still stuck on something crap at the end, i will probably leave.

Also the trainers look ugly lmao, when i asked around when i logged on a few days ago, a lot of people agreed that they were very unattractive. Plus it doesn't really bring people closer together as they AFK train anyway, the best thing would have been to get rid of trainers at the start of the game, introduce summoning of monks and let knights etc train from there. That way peoples skills would never reach 100~ because you can't do that 24/7 and eventually people are going to kill monks even with there lowest weapons. It comes down to balance, at that's probably one reason why Knights are as overpowered, skills give them extra damage most people on here have 90+ skills.

This is way to long a post :p
Also ring Death, tell him to come online.

Edit: Oh ye, there's more...

Vocation Changes:
* Sorcerers now deal 20% additional magic damage.
* Druids now deal 10% additional magic damage.

Am i the only one who seen this and thought WTF? voc change plzz?
Tell what now makes Druids unique apart from the fact that we heal more hp than what we actually HAVE -.-

I mean, if you're going to give a sorcerer 10% damage, then hell change my vocation, because there is no way i want extra healing for the health i don't have, over the 10% extra damage.
Hell no, just incase you ain't noticed, most people pick Druids because of the paralyze ability and the fact there pretty much equal to sorcerers in damage, now there is no paralyze rune so we are set at equal.. but no you go an up there damage, am sorry if i sound a bit pissed but i am Shocked
Amusement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 am

Not going to quote Amusement because his post was too long, but I'll reply to it anyway.

I'll see if we can change trainers in the near future, but for now, I'm ok with how they are.

Also, the 20% and 10% change was my mistake. I should have waited until the 1.3.0 changes are in place before I did that, now I have every druid crying about doing so much less damage. Well, just be patient until 1.3.0 and you'll see why you want bonus healing.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Angel on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:34 am

Amusementtttttt <3 Pm some kind of email nows or hunted? Anyway congrats to anyone who still plays this ot and got recommended to a position. I've just been way too busy with beta testing other games :3 and a bit of ot testing (a shame some of the best ots never even come out of closed testing)
Little Angel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avaji on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Oo I accept Very Happy... Can I get it on all the chars?... Would help >: ).. .I don't have a "Main" Character, It's whatever I feel like playing on.

Edit: I love how I'm the first one on the list, but last to read it.. <3
Avaji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:38 am

Now also asking the following player to join our Tutor team:

Golden Warrior: for his incredibly determination to get a tutor position Razz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down