New GM is a complete Power Abuser

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  LordRahl on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Ok so i was afk botting intense healing runes, and when I come in to check on it after feeding my dogs, I am dead. Theres a ton of vampire bodies around, and other people's bodies too. Apparently, this new GM wanted to commemorate his becomign GM by summoning vampires in a town where hardly anyone over lvl 20 is atm and if they are they are afk training as well. here's pics just to show how much of a PA this guy is.


That was just to show HOW many vamps this guy summoned. But apparently it was my fault for being afk. Here's the message we had back and forth, for which I received a warning for asking him to have GM Arn log on and tell me this act was something he should be doing as a gm.


Oh, and I wasn't the only person that died. He tried to make it sound like it was my fault because i was afk and he sent a warning message out. A warning message that was given MAX 1 minute before the actual "raid". Apparently, that wasn't enough. 2 others that i found from the trainers to the dp died too. here they are.




If anyone else agrees that this guy has alraedy got power rushed to his head, post here.
avatar
LordRahl

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  13uck on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 pm

I kind of agree.

I think it would be better if he did an in-game poll first to see if the city had enough people ready to take on these vampires. That would have made this whole situation better and would have made a lot more sense then to just have a raid without anyone ready.

But all in all, I don't think that this is such a big deal because raids are common on every server. But still, a poll should/could have been given first.

That's my opinion, hope it helps/doesn't get flamed Razz
avatar
13uck

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 25
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada Character Name: Nate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Admin on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm going to stand by our new GM's decision. Ive already done something I didn't want to do (allow afk botting for runes/training), but I'm not going to down-talk a new GM who just summoned a few creatures in town. If your afk, you can expect to die. You wouldn't be complaining if it was a random pk right?

Sorry, but I'm fine with this, and if you want to make runes, go do it in trainers.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 521
Join date : 2010-02-27

View user profile http://sonia.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Orshabalbro on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:43 pm

lol
theres always unexpected raids on server
ur fault for being afk boting with 2 accunts :S
avatar
Orshabalbro

Posts : 438
Join date : 2010-03-07
Age : 24
Location : brownsville, texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  LordRahl on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Orshabalbro wrote:lol
theres always unexpected raids on server
ur fault for being afk boting with 2 accunts :S

1. I'm using 2 diff comps.
2. I wouldn't be mad if he had given a bit more warning. Srsly, he said the warning supposedly at 11:33 my time. I checked the comp at 11:34. I was dead.

Arn:
Usually on servers, there's at least a 3 minute warning time. one announcing the raid, a minute later, announcing the raid is close, and the next minute is a warning message saying run to the hills or something. Also, I wasn't the only person to die from this. Judging by where the bodies were, right next to the dp, they didn't have enough time to run either. We still got our stuff back, but how he handled the whole situation was ridiculous. He made it sound like i was at fault for doing something that is clearly stated i can. By the end of the conversation i felt like he was just saying "nanananana you died and lost a level because i summoned something that clearly didn't give a few other players enough time to avoid. Sucks for you." I was level 10 at the time, now level 11, so its not like it mattered that much. It's just the principle shows me that he's a rogue cop living by no one's rules. He cleaned the map for goodness sake! in a server where loot bagging and runes are the only form of money, he eliminated the first one by doing that sweep. I no longer feel safe making loot bags because this gm is power hungry. Did you read the part where he warned me with threat of ban for asking him to have you message me that he was in the right? that to me screams "im gonna pa the shit out of this server."
avatar
LordRahl

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  LordRahl on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 pm

LordRahl wrote:
Orshabalbro wrote:lol
theres always unexpected raids on server
ur fault for being afk boting with 2 accunts :S

1. I'm using 2 diff comps.
2. I wouldn't be mad if he had given a bit more warning. Srsly, he said the warning supposedly at 11:33 my time. I checked the comp at 11:34. I was dead.

Arn:
Usually on servers, there's at least a 3 minute warning time. one announcing the raid, a minute later, announcing the raid is close, and the next minute is a warning message saying run to the hills or something. Also, I wasn't the only person to die from this. Judging by where the bodies were, right next to the dp, they didn't have enough time to run either. We still got our stuff back, but how he handled the whole situation was ridiculous. He made it sound like i was at fault for doing something that is clearly stated i can. By the end of the conversation i felt like he was just saying "nanananana you died and lost a level because i summoned something that clearly didn't give a few other players enough time to avoid. Sucks for you." I was level 10 at the time, now level 11, so its not like it mattered that much. It's just the principle shows me that he's a rogue cop living by no one's rules. He cleaned the map for goodness sake! in a server where loot bagging and runes are the only form of money, he eliminated the first one by doing that sweep. I no longer feel safe making loot bags because this gm is power hungry. Did you read the part where he warned me with threat of ban for asking him to have you message me that he was in the right? where he says "I'm the GM and you are the player." that to me screams "im gonna pa the shit out of this server."
avatar
LordRahl

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I missed the raid again!

Post  Darger on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:26 pm

I need to like stay on 24/7 i miss every single fn thing on this server !!
avatar
Darger

Posts : 263
Join date : 2010-03-07
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Avaji on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm sorry Arn, but I agree with Lord Rahl. Get that kids mind sorted out. >.<
"I'm the GM and you are the player."
That just is stupid

"No, you're getting a warning for constant verbal abuse towards a POWER FIGURE."

Yes, yes, yes

I know he's a GM

He does have power.

BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO GIVE A WARNING FOR AN ARGUMENT.

Lord Rahl didn't "Verbally abuse" GM Chiz at all.

He just abused his power against Lord Rahl, No warning of a clean either.

I think this GM is power hungry as Lord Rahl said, and that's the end of my point.
avatar
Avaji

Posts : 166
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  LordRahl on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Avaji wrote:I'm sorry Arn, but I agree with Lord Rahl. Get that kids mind sorted out. >.<
"I'm the GM and you are the player."
That just is stupid

"No, you're getting a warning for constant verbal abuse towards a POWER FIGURE."

Yes, yes, yes

I know he's a GM

He does have power.

BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO GIVE A WARNING FOR AN ARGUMENT.

Lord Rahl didn't "Verbally abuse" GM Chiz at all.

He just abused his power against Lord Rahl, No warning of a clean either.

I think this GM is power hungry as Lord Rahl said, and that's the end of my point.

thanks, avaji. really appreciate this one.
avatar
LordRahl

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Little Angel on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:16 pm

God this server now has a history of very unprofessional like GMs lol. That also tend to do nothing for the server since Arn seems to do it all on his own. A little side fix just make it so GMs can't make items nor monsters that fixes so much already

(I mean I've GMed on so many ots and some people just can't fulfill the role they let the power get to their head and end up abusing in some way and most ots that are even semi-professionally done GMs can't make items nor summon monsters.)

Overall that person is quite rude as a GM from my reading of the chatlog.
God English is hard feel free to point out my mistakes lol
avatar
Little Angel

Posts : 92
Join date : 2010-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  GM Chiz on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:27 am

I never ment to be rude or disrespectful. I just joined this server like two days ago, my first 20 minutes online and I already have people complaining and bitching at me for stuff that I don't even understand. I apoligize for my rudeness, but as my first day on the job I'd rather not start off with giving away levels. And I still stand by the fact that if you leave your character in town afk their is always a risk that he/she may die. Sorry for your lost, at least you got your bp! And as for the power thing, I couldn't care less. I'm here to GM and to be fair to everyone, if you think I'm some power hungry facist because I had a raid without having Parliment vote on it. I am terribly sorry for your loss, but it was double exp day, and you are level 10, and you did get your backpack back. People obviously don't want GM activities if your throwing such a fit over a few vampires, so we just wont have raids again. Problem solved. Laughing
avatar
GM Chiz

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-03-23
Location : Atlanta, Georiga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  LordRahl on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:29 am

GM Chiz wrote:I never ment to be rude or disrespectful. I just joined this server like two days ago, my first 20 minutes online and I already have people complaining and bitching at me for stuff that I don't even understand. I apoligize for my rudeness, but as my first day on the job I'd rather not start off with giving away levels. And I still stand by the fact that if you leave your character in town afk their is always a risk that he/she may die. Sorry for your lost, at least you got your bp! And as for the power thing, I couldn't care less. I'm here to GM and to be fair to everyone, if you think I'm some power hungry facist because I had a raid without having Parliment vote on it. I am terribly sorry for your loss, but it was double exp day, and you are level 10, and you did get your backpack back. People obviously don't want GM activities if your throwing such a fit over a few vampires, so we just wont have raids again. Problem solved. Laughing

if this were in fact a raid it would have been different. I highly doubt there is a raid file containing vampires. It was u summoning a bunch of creatures in a town where no one was high enough level to kill. you obviously didn't give enough warning time, because non-afkers died too. the level wasn't what made me mad. it was you abusing your power first day on the job. I was level 10 with 95% to level 11. It took literally 2 minos to get that level. you just handled the situation all wrong and there people here to back it up. have fun telling arn that theres no more gm events because you can't handle it.
avatar
LordRahl

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Avaji on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:08 am

GM Chiz wrote:I never ment to be rude or disrespectful. I just joined this server like two days ago, my first 20 minutes online and I already have people complaining and bitching at me for stuff that I don't even understand. I apoligize for my rudeness, but as my first day on the job I'd rather not start off with giving away levels. And I still stand by the fact that if you leave your character in town afk their is always a risk that he/she may die. Sorry for your lost, at least you got your bp! And as for the power thing, I couldn't care less. I'm here to GM and to be fair to everyone, if you think I'm some power hungry facist because I had a raid without having Parliment vote on it. I am terribly sorry for your loss, but it was double exp day, and you are level 10, and you did get your backpack back. People obviously don't want GM activities if your throwing such a fit over a few vampires, so we just wont have raids again. Problem solved. Laughing


Oh good. Atleast this GM can see his mistakes Shocked

As long as you don't let your power go to your head, I'll think you will do alright. Just next time, give a fair warning to everyone maybe about 3-5 minutes before the raid? The time stamps say the same time, so you summoned monsters less then a minute.... And instead of just summoing... Make a raid file ;< It takes like 2 minutes for a simple one!

EDIT: Forgot one thing, Don't give out random warnings because someone is arguing with you mmk?
avatar
Avaji

Posts : 166
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Anonymou on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Weird, this GM sure talks, acts, and reacts a lot like the old GM Death..

Anonymou
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  LordRahl on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:50 am

weird how no he doesn't...
avatar
LordRahl

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Amusement on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 pm

From what i have read, he acts nothing like GM Death, i can say that for certain.

Doesn't mean he isn't though, but i did talk to Death quite a lot, what happened to him?
avatar
Amusement

Posts : 322
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 25
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Assassin on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Tank´s fault. As all people in the Ot, GM Death hates him Razz and he create some mana runes 100x to kill her with his player Razz

Funny no?

Assassin

Posts : 62
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Amusement on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Assassin wrote:Tank´s fault. As all people in the Ot, GM Death hates him Razz and he create some mana runes 100x to kill her with his player Razz

Funny no?

Lmao, fair play.
avatar
Amusement

Posts : 322
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 25
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New GM is a complete Power Abuser

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum